An opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst based in Bristol.
The team you would be working in is primarily responsible for preparation of the prices that we charge electricity suppliers for the use of the electricity network and the provision of Line Loss Factors which feed into the electricity settlement process.
To assist in the provision of specialised services in revenue modelling, connections, sales and demand forecasting, DUoS pricing and the determination and publication of line losses. Also to provide technical support to the distribution business to enable well informed strategic, operational and regulatory decisions to be made whilst supporting the production of gross margin figures in the monthly financial results.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of costing and price setting; model and develop distribution network losses; and assist in the production of line loss adjustment factors.
- Interpret and apply capital costs for tariff modelling.
- Acquisition of metering data from various internal systems, either using standard reports or SQL (mostly Oracle).
- Collect, process and analyse electricity sales and import data for use in the company financial results, regulatory returns, financial forecasts, and business analysis.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new models to maintain and improve these processes in a changing environment.
- Support the production of the gross margin figures in the monthly financial results, including use of the ledger system in such items as accrual monitoring and invoice processing.
- Apply weather normalisation to sales and demand.
- Any other data analysis/acquisition appropriate to the role.
- Appropriate academic qualification in a numerate or financial discipline (degree level).
- Ability to deal with complex problems.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent computing skills in a range of PC based applications and client/server databases including SQL coding (Oracle / ANSI) and advanced Microsoft office skills
- Understanding of the DNO Licence price control formulae and the associated licence conditions.
- Knowledge of the electricity industry, particularly distribution would be advantageous.
- Willingness to learn and find solutions to problems independantly
- Confidence to deal with internal stakeholders
- Able to deal with enquiries from members of the public or other businesses.
This vacancy will close at noon on 27 October 2020.
Please note that the starting salary may be £41,008 until such time as all of the elements of the role can be met.