An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estates Surveyor based in Bristol, although an alternative South West location may be be considered.
Reporting to the Property Manager you will provide a professional service in relation to the management of the Company's operational and non-operational property portfolio.
The closing date for this vacancy is midday on 30 September 2020, should we receive a sufficient number of applications before this date we reserve the right to close it earlier.
Interviews are scheduled for Thursday 8 October 2020.
If you experience difficulties during the application process please email email@example.com and we will be pleased to guide you through the process.
Recruitment correspondence is usually sent by email, so please do check your email account and spam folder regularly
Undertaking site visits and negotiations in relation to all aspects of property management. This will be predominantly but not exclusively in the South West licence area under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Lease renewals
- Land/Property Acquisition/Land Disposal
- Title rectification
- Property disposal
- Dilapidation management
- Letting Services/Rent reviews
- Manage property matters within statutory and contractual time limits
- Assist other WPD colleagues deriving positive outcomes when dealing with external experts and other stakeholders in the provision of property management services
- Manage processes which ensure administration of WPD's property records, including the property management database so as to ensure external audit, regulatory and financial reporting compliance
- Identification and contribution to the development and implementation of new property polices and processes
- Promote and support the development of technical skills across the business
- Prepare and deliver property-related projects, including project proposals and estimated project budgets.
- Active control of property management-related costs
- Maintain efficiency and a high quality in own work, together with responsibility for own performance, behaviour and personal development. Respect and maintain the confidentially of WPD's business information
- Approve settlements made by colleagues within a scheme of delegated authorisation
- Deal with complaints and other problems relating to WPD's property portfolio
- Deputise for the Property Manager as required
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent would be an advantage but not essential as well as a membership of the RICS
- At least 2 years practical and professional experience relevant to the role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulations
- Strong commercial awareness, negotiating and risk management skills
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure, make decisions and meet tight deadlines
- Strong team working skills
- A valid driving licence and a willingness to travel across WPD's licence.
*Salary will be £41,008 increasing to £46,967 once relevant training has been completed.