An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Specialist (Projects Team) based in Hinckley.
Reporting to the Projects Team Manager, the Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of complex schemes on the distribution network and non-operational sites up to and including 132kV.
* Please note the starting salary will be £41,008 until all relevant training is complete.
This vacancy will close at midday on 1 December 2020, although we may close it earlier if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- The provision of 132kV/33kV specialist cable, overhead, plant & protection related services
- Location and restoration of complex faults.
- Development in the use of fault location and protection testing equipment.
- Advise own and other team members on innovations in electricity network management and automation.
- Identify training needs of own and other teams members and provide training as necessary on automation.
- Liaise with other specialists within the Company.
- Train appropriate staff on the operational aspects of automatic systems.
- Keep abreast equipment and automation system developments.
- Determine what will be done in the short term within known constraints.
- Carry out network operations including the issue of all safety documents up to 132kV.
- Determine what is required and how the work will be carried out.
- Issue planned shutdown notices, make appointments with customers.
- Exercise leadership. Request assistance when outside capability or authority.
- Alter own short term programme to meet changes in circumstances, within constraints.
- Assessment and authorisation of operational staff within your specialism.
The successful candidate is required to have a Level 3 City & Guilds 2339 or equivalent qualification and if not already attained will be required to undertake a HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
You will be required to undertake Standby Manager on a rota basis as part of this appointment.
- Recruitment correspondence is usually sent by email, so please do check your email account including spam/junk folders regularly after the closing date
- To enhance your candidate experience, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete your online application. Should you have any questions regarding this or require additional support to complete your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org