The teams at WPD Telecoms are all about networking. They join data technology in lots of different ways to deliver connected and bespoke communications solutions that meet customers’ needs.
WPD Telecom teams enable the electricity network to be managed remotely, enabling customers’ power to be restored more quickly without having to dispatch engineers into the location.
Our talented teams are some of the best in the business, working with the most advanced technology and infrastructure, and always adapting and innovating as the industry evolves.
In fact, first class services and state-of-the-art facilities continue to drive our growth and create opportunities for people who share our commitment, energy and ambition.
There are opportunities to get involved in innovative work in a sector that continues to grow dynamically, with career development supported and enabled by on-going training.
In this role you will be required to take responsibility for a region within South Wales and provide support to the WPD Telecoms network. The main focus of this vacancy will be Trunk Network and associated equipment, but will also include other aspects of the telemetry systems and other telecoms work as required.
Your specific responsibilities will include:-
* Undertaking fault repairs, planned maintenance, configuration, installation and commissioning of telecommunications systems, equipment and plant.
* Managing your own working time to ensure that jobs are completed in the most efficient manner.
* Working with contractors and when necessary witness acceptance tests.
* Working with colleagues and customers to ensure a continuity of service.
* Working safely and in accordance with agreed WPD procedures and techniques.
* Providing technical support to customers and where necessary liaise with colleagues to solve complex issues.
This role can be based in any of the following locations to suit the candidate:
Experience with Infinera, Cisco, Microwave and Fibre Optic equipment would be an advantage. You should be committed to providing outstanding customer service and have an ability to communicate well with both colleagues and customers. Ideally qualified to BTEC or equivalent in Telecommunications or Electrical Engineering or have extensive relevant experience; however applications are also encouraged from staff that are able to demonstrate that they have a technical background and the motivation to make a success of this opportunity. The successful applicant will be required to undertake standby duties in accordance with an agreed rota.
The starting salary will be £35,201 until such time as the successful candidate achieves the required experience and skills required for the role.